A yellow warning for thunderstorms has been issued by the Met Office.
The yellow warning, which runs from 12pm until midnight covers the whole of Dorset, as well as a large section of the country.
The Met Office says while many places will miss the heaviest showers, bands of thunderstorms will likely bring some disruption to some.
Providing guidance on what to expect, the forecasters say:
- There is a good chance driving conditions will be affected by spray, standing water and/or hail, leading to longer journey times by car and bus
- Some short term loss of power and other services is likely
- Probably some damage to a few buildings and structures from lightning strikes
- Some flooding of a few homes and businesses likely, leading to some damage to buildings or structures
- Delays to train services are possible